Triple Chocolate Beet Bundt Cake
4 ounces semisweet chocolate chips
1 cup butter, softened and divided
1 1/2 cups brown sugar
2 cups shredded beets ( I used the food processor to make it speedy and neater)
1 tsp vanilla
2 cups flour (I used a white whole wheat)
2 tsp baking soda
1 cup chocolate chips (to add to batter)
1/3 cup cocoa powder
1/2 cup brewed coffee (I used a mocha-flavored coffee)
1/4 tsp salt
powder sugar for garnishing
- In microwave, melt 4 ounces of chocolate chips and 1/4 cup butter, stir until smooth.
- Cream (use stand mixer if you have) remaining butter and brown sugar, add eggs.
- In small bowl combine the melted chocolate mixture, vanilla, coffee, and shredded beets.
- Combine flour, baking soda and salt, gradually add to liquid mixture. Stir in chocolate chips (1 cup)
- Pour into greased bundt pan. Bake at 375 degrees for 45-55 mins. Cool in pan for 15 minutes. Invert onto plate, when cool, sprinkle with powdered sugar.
Recipe adapted from http://www.tasteofhome.com