Good evening and Happy Holidays everyone! I hope everyone is enjoying the holiday season and getting to do a little baking :) A favorite go-to and much requested cookie recipe for me are these Rocky Ledge Bars. Everyone loves them, they are easy and you can customize them for the occasion or holiday (for Christmas, I added mini red and green M&M’s for some color) So, let’s get to it!
1 stick room temperature butter
2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
2 1/4 tsp baking powder
1 tsp coarse salt
1 1/2 cups packed brown sugar
3 large eggs
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup mini marshmallows
1 cup white chocolate chips
1 cup butterscotch chips
1 cup Kraft caramel bits
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly spray a 9×13 pan with cooking spray and line with parchment paper (it makes lifting out the whole pan easier for slicing)
2. Mix together flour, baking powder, and salt in a bowl. With your electric stand mixer, cream butter and brown sugar until fluffy. Add eggs and vanilla, mix until well combined. Mix in flour mixture. Fold in HALF of the marshmallows, chocolate chips, butterscotch chips and caramel bits.
3. Spread batter in a prepared pan. Scatter remaining marshmallows, chocolate chips (or M&M’s) butterscotch chips and caramel bits on top. Bake until golden brown and toothpick inserted in center comes out clean, about 30-35 minutes.
4. Let cool on a rack for 3-4 hours. These really need time to set-up properly, so plan accordingly. When thoroughly cool and firm, lift entire block of bars out of the pan and cut into desired shapes, triangles are a nice option.
5. Be prepared for these to disappear fast! Enjoy :)
Recipe adapted from www.marthastewart.com