Good evening fellow foodies!
Tonight I made a sweet and crunchy party mix for my daughters performance group. I’m so excited for them to try it tomorrow :) You can throw in whatever cereals and snacks that you have on hand and that sounds good to you. It tastes like a caramel corn glaze with some of the pieces coated in white chocolate, such a good salty-sweet combination. This recipe can also be easily adapted for various holidays by adding in colored M&M’s, just add those before serving.
3 cups Corn Chex
3 cups Rice Chex
3 cups Wheat Chex
4 cups of assorted Cheerios (I used fruity, plain, multi-grain and chocolate)
2-3 cups of pretzel twists
1 cup of dried cranberries
1 cup of mini-graham pieces
1 cup of mini caramel-corn flavored rice makes
2 cups of white chocolate chips
1 cup of butter
1 1/2 cups of brown sugar
1/2 cup light corn syrup
large container to bake in-I used a disposable aluminum tin (the kind they sell to roast turkeys in, it made it very easy to stir when baking)
1. Pre-heat oven to 250 degrees.
2. In small saucepan, melt, butter, brown sugar and corn syrup. Stir until hot and bubbly.
3. Put all snack ingredients in the container you will be baking it in, pour hot caramel mixture of the cereal mix.
4. Toss gently and bake for 1 hour, tossing every 15 minutes.
5. Spread on wax paper to cool.
6. In a large pot, melt white chocolate chips on low and until melted and smooth. Take approximately 8 cups of the snack mix and pour into the melted chocolate, toss gently and replace onto wax paper to cool.
7. Store in am air-tight container if it lasts that long ;)
Recipe adapted from http://www.chex.com/Recipes/RecipeView.aspx?RecipeId=37640