I love oatmeal, baked, boiled, overnight…you name it, I like it! I found a recipe that I adapted to make even healthier and it was so yummy, we polished off the pan very quickly. It almost tasted like a blueberry coffee cake, but for only 3 measly Weight Watchers PointsPlus per serving you can easily indulge without guilt!
1 lemon, zested and juiced
2 cups skim milk
2 1/2 cups old-fashioned oats
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1 egg white
3 TBL Truvia (or 1/3 cup sugar)
2 cups blueberries, frozen or fresh
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees and spray 8×8 baking dish with cooking spray.
2. Zest lemon and set aside. Add lemon juice to the milk to form a “buttermilk”.
3. Wisk together oats, baking powder, salt, spices and lemon zest.
4. In another bowl, blend milk, egg and sugar.
5. Spread half the oat mixture into the baking dish, top with half of the blueberries. add remaining oat mixture and scatter remainder of blueberries on top. Pour the milk mixture on top.
6. Bake about 40 minutes and until top is slightly brown and mixture is “set”.
I served with a little steamed milk and topped with a drizzle of maple syrup and sprinkled with powdered sugar. I cut the 8×8 pan into 9 servings to yield 3 WW PointsPlus. Next time I make it I will try to make ahead the night before and bake in the morning.
Hope you enjoy another delicious way to eat your oatmeal :)
Recipe adapted from http://www.preventionrd.com/