Good morning fellow foodies :)
This Lemon Blueberry Loaf has become a favorite in my household. So summery with a tart lemon flavor and bursting with fresh blueberries, a perfect summer combination! It involves a couple extra steps with the glazing, but it’s a well worth it treat! No pointsplus calculations here girls ;)
1 1/2 cups of flour
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup of Fage 0% greek yogurt
1 cup white sugar
3 large eggs
2 tsp of fresh lemon zest (if you don’t have a zester, buy one! It really does make a difference)
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 cup canola oil
1 1/2 cups of blueberries
Lemon Syrup ingreds
1/3 cup fresh lemon juice
1/3 cup white sugar
Lemon Glaze ingreds
1 cup of powdered sugar
2 TBL fresh lemon juice
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease a large loaf pan.
2. Sift your dry ingredients: flour, baking powder and salt.
3. In another bowl, combine the wet ingredients: yogurt, 1 cup of sugar, eggs, lemon zest and vanilla. Add the dry ingredients to the wet, then fold in the oil. Finally, gently fold in the blueberries.
4. Pour into the loaf pan and bake for 50-60 minutes until cooked in the middle.
5. Make the lemon syrup by combining 1/3 lemon juice and 1/3 cup white sugar in a pan. Heat until dissolved and mixture is clear. Set aside and let cool.
6. Allow loaf to cool in pan for 10-15 minutes. Remove from pan and put on a rack with a pan underneath to catch the drips! Slowly pour the syrup over the loaf and allow to soak in. Cool Completely..overnight if serving the next morning.
7. The final step is the glaze! The glaze is simply powdered sugar and lemon juice combine until there are no lumps. Drizzle over your loaf. Allow to set.
8. Slice and enjoy :)
*Recipe adapted from Barefoot Contessa