Good morning friends,
As we sit and wait for our umpteenth snow storm of the season, may I suggest a recipe that I’ve devised for my family incorporating some of our favorite ingredients? Tomorrows forecasted cold and snowy start might be more bearable with some warm Peanut Butter and Banana Baked Oatmeal, and it can even be made the night before to save time.
Peanut Butter and Banana Baked Oatmeal
1-2 bananas (ripe, sliced for bottom)
2 cups of old-fashioned oats
1 generous tsp cinnamon
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp vanilla
pinch of sea salt
1 1/2 cups unsweetened coconut milk (half the calories of skim) but you can use any type of milk desired
1/3 cup of peanut butter, softened in microwave, plus additional for serving
1/4 cup brown sugar
2 egg whites (I keep the liquid ones on hand for things like this when Im trying to do low-fat baking)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2. Spray deep pie dish with non-stick spray
3. Slice and layer the bananas on the bottom of the dish
4. Mix the rest of the ingredients together and place in pie dish.
5. At this point you can refrigerate overnight or bake immediately for about 30-35 minutes or until set, but not over baked or it will be dry.
6. Serve with warm milk of your choice, sliced bananas if desired and drizzle with a bit of additional peanut butter (non-negotiable ;).
* A couple of side notes-if prepared as above, this recipe has 5 WW PointsPlus (when the dish is cut into 8 servings and not including how much peanut butter you add to the top ;). Sometimes I make this recipe with 1 1/2 times the ingredients to make it a bit thicker, this would however increase the points value.
Enjoy! My family gobbles this up and requests I make it often :)